Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2017 14:11:20 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to translate and publishing FreeBSD Handbook for personally?

--EWWj5CIpJlgj4aVuQQvRJgRnWgh6KCqHe
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to translate and publishing FreeBSD Handbook for
 personally?

--NJKU5Dr4ASwBKVCXcLXQIQmtllNcar38N

On 13/08/2017 10:16, =EC=84=B1=EC=9D=B4=EB=A6=84 wrote:
> I'm a just new-bie of FreeBSD and I'm using FreeBSD Handbook for study =
from
> few days ago.
>=20
> In this context, I was curious about possibility of publishing translat=
ed
> text on my personal blog.
>=20
> FYI, It is just for fun,
> and not for commercial,
> and I'm not sure that I could finish it or continue it to how long.
>=20
> Translation will be progress in Korean text.
> In these days, there are not exist Korean text book for FreeBSD OS in t=
his
> country.
> Latest text book was published more then decade ago : (
> This is a main reason for my personal translation plan.
>=20
> And my blog address is below.
>=20
> http://actionquark.com
>=20
> FYI, this blog was built on "FreeBSDv11x64" on Google Cloud Platform : =
)
>=20

Yes, you certainly can do this, so long as you abide by the copyright
terms, which are essentially that you acknowledge the original
authorship of the material.  Beyond that, you are basically free to do
whatever you want with the text.

However, if you have gone to the trouble of producing Korean
translations, I hope you would see fit to donate them back to the
project so that other Korean speakers could benefit from your work.

	Cheers,

	Matthew