Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:30:10 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: region code in cdrecord

> There are so many bad assumptions here!
>
> bad#2: that ANY of them do.  A very small amount of dvd players have the
> ability to add patches to them, these all (in every case) need you to
> run Windows code to get these patches installed, and I don't run
> Windows, anywhere, anytime.

My DVD Player, (eg external player. Not a computer as such, plugs
into TV), did not require me to run Windows or FreeBSD. I just ran
google, found the unlock code, & typed it in using remote controller.

A DVD drive is another matter, that might need evil MS to zap it.

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.