Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:08:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Diskless X terminals

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Doug White wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Open Systems Networking wrote:
> > Im trying to dig up info on building diskless X terminals for a cyber
> > cafe. Are there any FAQ's on diskless about or anyone with experience
> > building diskless X boxes?
>
> Take a look at the FreeBSD FAQ and handbook for starters.  There is a
> section on setting up diskless stations.  Diskless with X (x terminals as
> you will) are a bit trickier tho.

The "trick" for X is to make /tmp a MEMFS filesystem.  That was
the only undocumented setting I ran into when setting one up.

Also see http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/diskless/net_dl21.html
which is hard to find from the website but seemed more useful
to me than the Handbook section.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com