Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:45:49 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        gkshenaut@ucdavis.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: caps-lock/ctrl exchange

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Greg Shenaut wrote:

> There *must* be a way to swap these keys in
> a way that will work with the standard console as well as with X
> windows.  Could someone please tell me how to do it?

I don't know of a way to do it for both at once. X requires something
within /etc/XFree86 (which I set using XF86Setup). To change it for
the console, I created a local /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/ kbd file
(the format's pretty straighforward) which I then set in /etc/rc.conf
with:

	keymap="switchedcaps"

--
Jonathan Chen                         | "Vini, vidi, velcro...