Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:08:53 -0700
From:      "gummibear@nettaxi.com" <gummibear@nettaxi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Horrilble FTP Peformance Whend Downloading from FBSD - Help Needed

I'm a bit at a loss here.  I can't seem to figure out why I'm transfering at only 5kps on a 100Mbs switched network.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.1R with the standard ftpd.  The FreeBSD box has a tl0 interface plugged into a 3Com 3300 switch.  There about 96 users on this network.  On my end I have WinNT with a Intel Pro/100 network card.  I hope this hardware/software information will help.

Everything else seems pretty snappy (telnet, dns, etc), but my 96 MB download from my FreeBSD box is crawling.  I can't seem to find anything wrong, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.  I tried playing with netstat but since I'm not too familiar with it I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

Can someone help me out with some tips on where to find this lousy ftp performance issue?

Thanks!

Joey