Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:20:38 -0600
From:      "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@panam.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sendmail replies with user unknown

I updated sendmail to sendmail 8.9.1 and now I'm getting some error messages
such as the following :

... <user@user.com>... User unknown
...ruleset=check-rcpt, arg1=,ogaujard@infosel.net.mx>,
relay=[198.213.144.17], reject=550 <oguajard@infosel.net.mx>....relaying
denied.

I updated to sendmail 8.9.1 to deny relaying of outside domains. I have
added the domains which I allow relaying in the /etc/mail/relay-domains
file. Myself can send mail to some users and it will deny other in the same
domain and return with a user unknown even though I know that user exists.
(He's the sys admin at that domain)
Other users cannot send any mail outside of the relaying allowed domains.
Please provide me with any input to solve this issue.

Alain