Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:55:31 +0200
From:      Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   File-systems

Hi again :-)

Just some filesystem questions.
What filesystem does FreeBSD use for disks (1.44mb and 120 mb). In
windows they use ms-dos, but my guess is that we don't use FFS for
disks? and how do I format a disk to our filesystem?

Why is it what we don't have to fragment our hard-disks all the time
like I did in windows? I also heard that the filesystem for hard-disk
will be updated in FreeBSD 5.0, can you guide my to some info about
this?

br
socketd