Date:      Wed, 26 May 2010 13:03:55 -0600
From:      Jamie Gritton <jamie@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Glen Barber <glen.j.barber@gmail.com>
Cc:        jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: jail(8) allow.socket_af, unknown oid

I think the current situation should be sufficient, where the only
mention of the parameter sysctls are the note that you can see them via
"sysctl -d security.jail.param".

The move toward jail parameters is also a move away from using sysctl
variables for the same purpose. In this new jail order, the only useful
jail-related sysctls are security.jail.jailed and
security.jail.max_af_ips, which are both mentioned in the "Sysctl MIB
Entries" section of the man page. I don't want to worry about the
sysctls that have been obsoleted by jail parameters.

- Jamie