Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:07:35 -0600
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@charter.net>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NoBreak (upsilon) monitoring opensource software?

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:16:23PM -0200, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I've just acquired a UPS compatible with upsilon 2000 software
> for Windows. I would like to know if anyone knows of a unix package
> capable of speaking the upsilon2k protocol. :)
>
>       I would really like being able to have the NoBreak issue a
> shutdown command if the batteries were running too low.
>
> 	Product description:	SMS Manager III 1.3KVA
> 				Intelligent Managing Port RS232
> 				Windows Software Upsilon 2000
>
> 	The Upsilon 2000 software is developed by Megatec
> http://www.megatec.com.tw/
>
>       Unfortunaly, of course, they do not tell me of any compatible
> open source solutions. hehehe They only offered me a FreeBSD 3.x old
> software binary from 1999.

I am using that software (I think mine is actually from 1998) with a
Fenton PowerPal UPS.  You need the 3.x compat libraries installed.  It
is not fancy but gets the job done.  I can not say for sure that it
would work with your UPS however.

--
Glenn Johnson
glennpj@charter.net