Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 17:32:34 -0500
From:      "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Offtopic - DMZ

The definition I typically use is it's a partially secure zone setup between
two firewalls... typically, the first firewall is between the DMZ and your
ISP/NSP and the second is setup between the DMZ and your internal network.
typical occupants of the DMZ are things like public webservers.

Please note that what you're describing is not a terribly secure system...
if I break into that single box, I'm into your entire network. Two seperate
systems would be a much safer bet, if you can afford it.

jim@nasby.net                                               /___\

Give your computer some brain-candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828