Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2014 08:44:47 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: [Fwd: Re: AMD HD 8400]

On Mon, March 17, 2014 2:51 am, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:

> Before we update the Radeon driver, we need to update the generic DRM
> code and the Intel driver first. Those two items are a work in progress
> (not the Radeon update yet). It's difficult to give an ETA, because we
> work on our spare time, but hopefully before July.
>
> When we have a patch to test, it'll be posted on this mailing-list and
> on the Graphics wiki page, so you can play with it.
>
> --
> Jean-Sébastien Pédron

Thank you for your reply.

On that machine I have 11.0-CURRENT r263254 with ports r348475 and your
x11 update overlay installed.. I pulled the linux kernel 3.16.6 sources
and will see about pulling in the radeon drivers (AFAIK Sea Island
support first appeared in 3.11 so 3.8 has no support). It may be over my
head and a terrible disaster but I'll give it a try. Otherwise looking
forward to July update.

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble