Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:44:22 +0900 (KST)
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ko-ami entry in INDEX

Hi,

ko-ami (korean/ami) package have its name as 'ko-ami' in ports/INDEX.

  ko-ami-1.0.9|/usr/ports/korean/ami|/usr/X11R6....

Its package name varies according to GNOME installation:

 - WITH_GNOME: ko-ami-gnome-<ver>
 - WITHOUT_GNOME: ko-ami-<ver>

However, 4.2-RELEASE and -stable package snapshot has ko-ami-gnome
in package directory:

 (ftp://ftp.freebsd.org)
 /pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.2-stable/korean/ko-ami-gnome-1.0.9.tgz

It prevents from installing ko-ami with sysinstall or pkg_add -r, since
sysinstal finds ko-ami-<ver> but no such file exists. (ko-ami-gnome
exists instead).

The problem is, ko-ami need gdk-pixbuf, gdk-pixbuf need gnomelibs. And
WITH_GNOME detects GNOME existence using gnome-config included
in gnomelibs.

It means that ko-ami will be built with GNOME even if WITH_GNOME or
WITHOUT_GNOME specified(maybe package building environment). If
WITHOUT_GNOME specified, that's fine.
(but it still need gnomelibs due to gdk-pixbuf).

How can we solve this problem?

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho                         <cjh @ FreeBSD.ORG> <cjh @ kr.FreeBSD.ORG>