Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:37:45 -0500
From:      bgoering@ilsmart.com
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        arives22222@ilsmart.com
Subject:   ida driver - Compaq Smart Array 431

Hi all,

I am trying to install 4.1-RC from the iso image of about 10 days ago on a
Compaq 1600R server with a Compaq Smart Array 431 controller. The array
configuration utility has been run and successfully configured four 9.1G
drives into a single raid 5 logical drive. The Compaq system partition has
been created sucessfully.

When I go to install the 4.1-RC I run into wall where it tells me "no hard
drive found." Does the ida driver support this particular model of array
controller? Any suggestions welcome as to how to get around this.

TIA - Bill Goering