Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:35:43 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Michael Haro <perl@netmug.org>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD-Stable'" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can't load library 'libreadline.so.2'

> Hi, I just installed the linux compat libraries and loaded the linux
> kernel module.  When I try to run a linux memory tester program, I get
> this error.
>
> can't load library 'libreadline.so.2'
>
> What is causing it?

There doesn't appear to be a readline library in the linux_lib package.
I'm not sure whether this is actually a problem.

> Are there any free memory testers for FreeBSD?

Plenty.

However you are asking the wrong question.  The answer to the right
question is:

 There are no software memory testing programs which provide adequate
 testing facilities.  The only way to test memories usefully is with a
 standalone memory tester.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\