Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 1998 06:05:37 PST
From:      "KCP LEV" <ken_c_p@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help Setting Up X

System Stats:

Dell P2 - 333 system with 96mb ram and 8gb HD partitioned into 3 parts,
1 Primary Win95 1 Extended Win95, and one Free-BSD running system
commander as the boot manager from the win95 partition.

VIDEO CARD - Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro 8mb video card (4 real, 4 texture)
accroding to Display Doc autodetect in Win95.

I am trying to set up a multiuser programming enviornment and attempting
to install freebsd. FreeBsd installs fine but when I attempt to
configure X I answer all the question and save the cfg. But when I run
startx all I get is a blank screen (my monitor shortly turns to
powersave so no signal is apparently being sent.) I double checked the
monitor stats so the refresh is set. The only thing I haven't done is
set up the clock speed on the video card (as there is no information on
the clock speed). Is this the problem? Help..

Ken Parsons
(Hopefully to soon be a proud FreeBSD user.)

P.S Are there FBSD bumperstickers or hats? I've seen t-shirts but no
hats or bumper stickers.