Date:      Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:22:22 -0500
From:      Steven Campbell <scampbell@Ncrypted.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   List for porting Linux ALSA driver?

I'd like to move away from Linux x86 to FreeBSD. I have had FreeBSD on
my systems in the past.

There is only one thing stopping me. I have a piece of hardware which is
not currently supported by FreeBSD. It's an RME Digi96
professional-grade sound card. I _really_ want this card to work on
whatever OS I put on this machine.

My questions are: Which mailing lists or other resources are you aware
of to cover using the Linux ALSA RME96 driver as a starting point to
developing a *BSD licensed driver for FreeBSD?

I have all relevant technical documentation on the card, and have looked
closely at the sources for the card. I have looked at these lists:

freebsd-arch
freebsd-hackers
freebsd-hardware
freebsd-multimedia