Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:24:39 +0200
From:      Frank Sonnemans <fs.mail@wanadoo.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fetching ports from behind a firewall

I enabled ipfw on my machine and am no longer able to compile ports without
disabling the firewall. My firewall allows outgoing ftp connections (keep
state) which should make passive ftp connections possible.

Fetching the source code still fails, even though the appropriate environment
variable to use passive ftp has been set (from man 3 fetch).

What am I missing?

Regards,

Frank