Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 18:18:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bogdan TARU <bgd@icomag.de>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   network design

	Hi there,

 I have an unusual question, and hope I'll find the answer on this list. I
would like to build a redundant structure of firewalls (2 of them), and I
really don't have any idea on how to do that. What I would like is a
scheme like:
                           _________           ____________
 provider's link ----------| hub   |__________|            |
                           |_______|\_   _____| FreeBSD fw1|---- switch1
                                      \_/     |____________|
 provider's backup link ---| hub2  |/     \___|            |
                           |_______|__________| FreeBSD fw2|---- switch2

 But the real question is: how do I assign the same IP address to two
interfaces connected to the same hub(s) or switch(es)? I guess this will
provide the best redundancy. Any such software? If not, could you describe
an alternative for it, or point me to some resources?

 Thank you,
 bogdan