Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:01:40 -0600 (EST)
From:      Tom Kyle <tk@umsl.edu>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: making /usr/bin/passwd the 'shell'

Mike,

one way to do it would be to make accounts as usual, but make their
'login' directory a symbolic link to a default directory with a .login
script that only lets them change their password.  That way, in case you
need to convert the account, all you have to do is remove the link and
create the login directory, which is nice in case you have to convert a
lot of accounts over NIS...

A sample .login:

#!/bin/csh
onintr end