Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:28:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS P2B-DS versus SMP.

Well, I went out and bought another PII 400 for my box, flashed my BIOS to
1.009, installed the processor, and built 3.2-stable for SMP.  I experienced
the same clock problems others have seen.  I took a suggestion I saw in
-hackers and flashed back to 1.006.  Sure enough, the problems went away.

I would strongly urge anyone with one of these motherboards who is trying to
do SMP to contact ASUS (at tsd@asus.com) and report the problem.  Maybe we
can actually either get the BIOS fixed, or see what FreeBSD is doing wrong,
if anything.  (I sent my email to them this morning.)
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com