Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:44:11 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -DPORTS_VERBOSE

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:18:59PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>>   * Make patching silent, like standard ports
>
>:(
>
>Why isn't there a knob to make ports not obcure the output of
>patches and other things that ports does?

You always see the *output*. I'm guessing you mean, "Why can't I see
what commands make's executing?", and that's an option to make: "-dl"
will print out the commands make is executing (overriding the @prefix
that makes commands not get echoed). Beware, this is not very
pretty. In most cases, what actually get executed are long, long sets
of shell commands with conditionals and such, so it takes a bit of
deciphering to see what's going on when you're looking at, e.g.,  a
2000-character long shell command that's wrapped over 25 lines.

--
Alan Eldridge
"Dave's not here, man."