Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:37:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Xavier Alfeirán S." <xavier@labna.itmerida.mx>
To:        questions@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   configuring for NATD

Hi, i'm setting up my freesbsd server, for natd, the computer is connected
in a LAN, so it used to have just one NIC,  so now that is running
freebsd, I installed another NIC. I have to remarc that all of this is
happening in just one large Intranet, that has 2 C class networks, and I
want to setup another group of IP adress (192.168.0.x) for doing nat.

I installed natd, and do all the configure thing related on this page:
http://members.tripod.com/vas99/natd.html

And then I configured one Windows PC, with my freebsd+natd server (it IP
adress is 192.168.0.1) as gateway, and gave it the IP adress 192.168.0.36
which is inside of my new virtual net. But this happens from my freebsd
server:
root#ping 192.168.0.36
PING 192.168.0.36 (192.168.0.46): 56 data bytes
ping: sentdto: host is down
.
.
.

So first, I want to be able to see my freebsd host from the other Windows
PC, that uses the same subnet.
Xavier alfeiran Sainz
la_mente@yahoo.com
xavier@labna.itmerida.mx