Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:57:21 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
Cc:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrade 3.4 to 4.0

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.10006142013590.49082-100000@awww.jeah.net> Chris Byrnes writes:
: I hate to keep asking you questions, but like.. I cant login to the
: machine in single-user mode.. it's a co-located box.. is there a way to
: get around the things you have to do in single-user mode?

You can do it in multi-user mode.  But any services that may be
running on the machine at time are going to be screwed up
potentially.  Since you are rebooting right away, it likely won't
batter.  However, you need to make sure that you have a way to boot
hte old kernel if bad things happen with the new one..

Warner