Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:50:25 +0100
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: floats in pthreads

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 08 Shawwal 1424 10:12, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > Thanks to Peter's patch to libc_r, both my test program and ogg123 are
> > working properly now. This makes PR 59650 fixed, if someone feels like
> > closing it.
>
> First, edit /etc/libmap.conf to be like this:
> libc_r.so.5             libkse.so.1
> libc_r.so               libkse.so

Results:

_Before_ applying your new patch to the kse libs (but after applying
yesterday's patches):
1) Without the library mapping, both my test program and ogg123 work fine.
2) With the library mapping, both segv.

_After_ applying the patch:
1) Without the library mapping, both work (duh)
2) With the library mapping, ogg123 segvs on startup about half the time, and
segvs on ^C also about half the time.

I'll dig into the segvs shortly (as neither cmucl nor gcl wants to work and
music is more important than LISP).

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?