Date:      Thu, 29 May 2003 15:19:02 -0700
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot problem: "ata0: resetting devices"

I have tried a couple of PCI-based IDE cards.  I see messages that
indicate that the motherboard is seeing the card and that the card
is seeing the disk.  Unfortunately, the system is not willing to
boot off the disk (sigh).  I have tried changing several settings,
including:

   *  Setting {Pri,Sec}{Master,Slave} to "Not Installed"

   *  Setting the {1st,2nd,3rd} Boot Device to IDE-[123]

   *  Turning off "Plug and PLay Aware O/S"

   *  Turning off Onboard PCI IDE

No luck.  Suggestions, anyone?

-r
--