Date:      Sat, 2 Jan 2010 21:38:52 +0100
From:      Andrea Biscuola <andrea.biscuola@gmail.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Abiword port: dependency not satisfied

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:14:09 -0800
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> wrote:

> > Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 13:19:26 -0600
> > From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
> >
> > On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:13:21 -0600, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov
> > <cvs-src@yandex.ru> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > Remove tarball from /usr/ports/distfiles/AbiWord and make install again.
> >
> > If I read his email correct, his problem is with boost-libs.
> >
> > > 02.01.2010 13:36, Andrea Biscuola __________:

> > No problem here. You can try to delete the boost tarball(s) in your
> > /usr/ports/distfiles/ and make sure to checkout latest ports tree. Then
> > try it again.
> >
> > By the way, we don't maintain boost-libs. You should contact to the
> > correct maintainer.
>
> It may be worth noting that boost was restructured rather significantly
> in July and updated to version 1.41 just this week. I suspect that you
> may have some bits of the old boost port mixed in with the current
> one. I would suggest removing boost-libs and an other boost ports
> (pkg_info -c boost\*) and then re-install them. Be sure that your ports
> tree is up to date and that you are installing boost-libs-1.41.
>
> I just tried and the tarball is fetchable, although the transfer rate I
> got from sourceforge was painfully slow.
> --
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
> Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
> E-mail: oberman@es.net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634
> Key fingerprint:059B 2DDF 031C 9BA3 14A4  EADA 927D EBB3 987B 3751

Hi Kevin

Probably, the problem is with my port's tree, because my workstation
was installed completely (with xfce and other packages) during this
week.
After your explanation, i think that a port's tree upgrade is the
correct solution, because boost-libs of my ports-tree correspond at
1.39 version.
A confirmation of this theory, is that mantainer's have updated the
port during this week. :-)
Problem solved. Thanks for your time guys.

Best regards.

--
Andrea Biscuola <andrea.biscuola@gmail.com>
Jabber (IM): andrea.biscuola@jabber.org