Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:09:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        "Susan R. Dewey" <srb@tarma.jax.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, srb@jax.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet connectivity

According to the manual the 3c509 uses the ep driver. When you installed
FreeBSD did it automatically find the card or did you have to change the
configuration in the visual kernel thingy to match the configuration of
the card (irq i/o etc...)? You may need to rebuild your kernel or change
the settings on the card to match the current settings expected by the
GENERIC kernel.

When you boot your machine, wait until it finishes starting and then hit
the scroll-lock key and then page up and see if it mentions the card at
all.

Andrew Perry