Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:58:13 -0500
From:      Ken Wills <kenwills@tds.net>
To:        randy <randy@turbowarp.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup command not found

+++ randy [30/06/02 08:25 -0500]:
> Hello,
>
> I need some help.  I have read nearly every google, freebsd diary and even
> the handbook ... but i can't make it work.
>
> I did a make and make install from ports for cvsup-without-gui.
>
> I followed the instructions on http://www.freebsddiary.org/current.php;
> yet when I try to run cvsup, I get a command not found.
>
> Why?  and what do I do to fix it?

try /usr/local/bin/cvsup

Probably /usr/local/bin isn't in your path. Look in your .cshrc or .profile to set your
path correctly.

Otherwise, cd /usr/ports/???/cvsup-without-gui/ or whatever and see what make install says
at the end of the install (look for errors). Failing all of those, pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui
will download and install a pre-built package from one of the distribution sites.

Ken