Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 18:27:32 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail Question

> What I would *like* to do is be able to pop my mail down to wherever I'm
> at and read it locally.  But it seems like sorting my mail into the
> various folders sets it up so POP won't work, the mail's going into the
> wrong place now for this to work.

Ahh, you need 'fetchmail', which gets email from your POP serer, and
then sends it to you local mail agent (sendmail most likely), which will
then process it correctly via your procmail setup on your laptop.

I'm doing that now (although my mailhost is a SUN and not a laptop), and
it works great.  I'm doing it for security reason (the only incoming
sendmail box allowed is our firewall), and having all our email
standardized with POP has been a great maintenance boon.

Nate