Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:50:56 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Matt Staroscik <matt@wrongcrowd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken, orphaned port: how can I help?

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:34:59AM -0800, Matt Staroscik wrote:
>=20
> Yesterday I tried installing a port and found that it was broken though
> not marked as such. The problems were simple -- simple enough that *I* got
> it working! -- and I emailed the listed port maintainer with what I have
> found.
>=20
> Now, I haven't heard back, but I am not jumping to conclusions because of
> the holidays. But out of curiosity, if the port is in fact orphaned, what
> happens? Who is the next person to contact?
>=20
> I have been using FreeBSD for a while but I really don't have a good grasp
> of the "big picture." I want to be a good citizen though. :) Comments?
>=20

If you don't hear back from the maintainer (at least an
acknowledgement of receipt) then file a PR through the web form or
send-pr(1) and be sure to mention the details of your correspondence
with the maintainer.  If you should hear back from the maintainer
after filing the PR then please remember to update it.

Kris

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--