Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 09:45:00 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: bdevsw has changed its character

> I think the real problem is that the klds get built with "make world"
> and not with a kernel build.  How about changing that?

I've shot myself in the foot this way too.  I'd really like to see
modules built as part of the kernel and not userland.  As time goes on, I
think we will push more and more of the kernel into modules (rather like
Solaris).  This distinction of where the live kernel's bits live isn't
useful.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)