Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:30:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      mike@seidata.com
To:        "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@home.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 3.0 installation problems

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Stephen J. Roznowski wrote:

> 1) I have an "Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+" and was trying to do an FTP
>    install (via a cable modem). I deleted all of the other network
>    devices -- the card was recognized, but the install hung during
>    the "adding route" step.

FWIW, while installing 3.0-REL here on a number of systems with
various 3Com cards, I've noticed the "'adding route' step" takes a lot
longer than it used to...  maybe it's just a coincidence...  but it's
a coincidence that's happened 5-6 times so far.  :P

>    ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXt.so.6.0"

Not my specialty, but is this libary actually on your system (find)?
If so, is it in a valid directory (rc.conf)?  Perhaps you can find it
and either move it to a valid directory, symlink it or ldconfig -m it.

Best of luck,

	-mike