Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:14:49 -0700
From:      Bob Howard <howardrl@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lpd problem

I have a problem printing to a local printer.  I am using linux-mandrake
7.02 with kernel 2.2.14-15mdk.  I have been following the printer setup
described in the PPA-HP Printer HOW-TO.  The results of the tests given
there indicate that I have a bad lpd.  I can setup printer in printcap
and print to /dev/lp0 using a script file or command line but if I try
to lpr to that printer I fail to get any print.  Can I replace the lpd
other than by rebuilding the kernel?  Is there another way of testing
lpd?  Any other suggestions?  I would be glad to provide more detail but
want to direct it to the best place.  Thank you.
Bob
howardrl@home.com