Date:      Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:08:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrei Iarus <poni1111@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network problems?

I use FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE. In my rc.conf I have these
lines:
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_logging="YES"
firewall_script="/root/ipfw.sh". In /root/ipfw.sh I
have added a few more lines for ifconfig(setting
IP,MAC). The problem is that, when I try to use a
different MAC and IP, the apache starting freezes,
and, when trying the startx command, it doesn`t do
anything, it does`nt yield anything. On a 4.8 Release
I tried to change the MAC before the IP, and these
problems seemed to disappear. And, of course, the
network card is working(UP adn RUNNING (from
ifconfig)), no metter of the ip and MAC. Could it be
something because of the name of the computer, is
there any other files but /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf??
Thank you.