Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:02:40 -0400
From:      Jan Knepper <jan@smartsoft.cc>
To:        Loren Koss <loren@pciway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 4.0-RELEASE -> 4.1-STABLE..

Loren Koss wrote:

> So, it looks like you didn't bother merging any files..  Right?  That
> makes life easier..

Yes! CVSup does that for you as far as I know and it certainly makes life easy.

I didn't have any problem performing the procedure as I described. I think I got
(at least) one directory wrong though... Sorry, I am one of those weirdo's that
does most things on an W2K client and uses human memory...

> # chdir /usr/share/cvsup
#chdir /usr/share/examples/cvsup (I think that is the correct one)

It might take a little while for CVSup to download all the changes (depends mostly
on your connection) than next of course you will have to run make world which
depends greately on the power of the machine you run it on. It wasn't to bad on my
PIII-600 with 128 MB Ram and 18 GB SCSI-3 HD...

Don't worry, be Kneppie!
Jan