Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 12:18:49 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RAID questions

> Hi!
>
> Now that Mylex no longer makes AcceleRAID 250 controllers

I'm not aware of Mylex abandoning this product; can you point me to a
reference on this?  I would recommend this adapter over anything else at
the moment.

> can someone recommend a reliable, low cost, U2/U160 RAID controller
> card? I considered AMI MegaRAID Express 300, but then people told me that
> there are known issues with its drivers for FreeBSD.

The AMI MegaRAID cards had issues with the driver in FreeBSD 4.0, but
this has been remedied in -stable.  I'm working with AMI to get better
management for these cards supported, but it's going to be a little while
yet.