Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:58:41 +1100
From:      "Perry, Andrew" <perrya@shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: install hangs on a digital prioris HX 5133

I had a look and I'm running the latest bios from Digital (1.12) and have
tried removing all non-existent devices (and a few existent ones)

thanks again
Andrew Perry

I find that booting in config mode, and disabling all non-existent
devices, most usually ethernet cards fixes the problem.

I'm using DEC HX6000's and ZX6000's.

Never figured out what it was.  Started after 2.2.2, but I rarely install
anymore, only upgrade, so never dug into it.

Also, make sure you're running the latest BIOS from Digital.