Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:07:28 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Marmier?= <raphael@computer-rental.ch>
To:        Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to cleanly uninstall packages?

first make sure the pkgdb is ok and in sync with the port tree with=20
pkgdb -F.

I use pkg_deinstall (comes with portupgrade) to do that kind of thing.
Use option -R and -r to sweep up and down in the depency tree with the=20=

-c option that checks wether a package's files have been overwritten by=20=

another's. In that case, it aborts. You can then investigate, deinstall=20=

the cuprit, continue, then maybe after that reinstall it. Most=20
important, always use -n and maybe -v to know what will happen without=20=

actually touching anything.

This is the most powerfull way I know to _really_ clean things without=20=

breaking things, as it is always a possible a package overwrote=20
another's files. Ports, correctedness and stability made me switch over=20=

from linux, portupgrade and pkg_deinstall make me stay.

Rapha=EBl

Le Mercredi, 22 oct 2003, =E0 10:43 Europe/Zurich, Ruben de Groot a =
=E9crit=20
: