Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:06:04 -0600
From:      Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com>
To:        Matt Navarre <mnavarre@cox.net>, FreeBSD Org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Commands

OK, the book is up to version 4 (Something.) There are lots of new
features in version 5

I'm going to try re-installing it again. In reading through this, there
seems to be a sample config file that is copied to my hard drive that I
can start with and modify. I think that probably I have been deleting it
when creating new config files.

To delete FreeBSD I simply delete the partition, create the same
partition as a DOS partition and format it, then delete the DOS
partition and create the FreeBSD partition. This removes all previous
information creating a clean slate. Using System Commander program for
partitioning. It also works with Win XP with it's NTFS file system. I
had noticed before that by simply deleting the partition and then
re-creating it without any changes, the FreeBSD files were still there.

Here I go again.....

Lloyd Hayes

Email: wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590