Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 01:19:59 +0000
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X 3.3.1 on a ThinkPad 750 Cs

Evening,

   When you run X on  a TP750 Cs (with wd90c24 chipset) you get a
doulble image because it is using the 1024 v-memory twice.  To
prevent this the upper 512k of v-ram needs to be disabled.  I found
the source code to a C program that is designed to do this, however;
it was designed to run under Linux and under 2.2.5 I get two errors
upon compilation.  I've done some examing, but I'm no whiz C
programmer so If anyone has already solved this or is willing to look
at the code I would appreciate it (I'll only add the code to those
who ask).  It's only about 150 lines of code (pretty small).

Michael G.
Brought to you by the letters "O" and "S" and the number "2"

Live FreeBSD... or Die!

COBOL...the language of business!

C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN