Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:41:39 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@freebsd.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: expect build failure

Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> >  * Have a look through the config.status file and see what values it's pick
    ed
> >  * up for TCL_LIB_SPEC, TCL_BUILD_LIB_SPEC etc.  Hmm, no, that would be in
> >  * the tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh files.  Hmm...  The tkConfig.sh file
> >  * hasn't been overwritten by any chance, has it?
> >
> > Ding!  It looks like the itcl port overwrote it.  I re-installed
> > tk-4.1 and the expect port build fine.
> >
> > Chuck, seems like yet another thing we need to teach the itcl
> > port.... :(
>
> I thought I'd taken that particular piece of evil out before, maybe not.
> I'll check again.  I downloaded the beta.tar.gz from (something).nist.gov
> and found it unpacked into expect-5.20 (I was trying to help).  Where'd
> you get the 5.21 sources from?

The ftp.cme.nist.gov site where we used to fetch the distfile from only
seems to have older stuff on it now. :-(  The primary dist point now is
from http://expect.nist.gov, but there is a huge long pathname for an
alternative ftp pathname if needed.

Yeah, I did an update based on beta 5 (?) some months ago and forgot about
it.  I was about to commit it when I thught I'd better check the http page
first, just in case.  I'm glad I did, because I'd have missed the 5.21
release from a few weeks back.

> > Satoshi

Cheers,
-Peter