Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:23:36 -0800
From:      Jerry Gardner <w6uv@home.com>
To:        tsikora@powerusersbbs.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SOFTUPDATES

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 10:58:39PM -0500, Ted Sikora wrote:
> Is anyone running the SOFTUPDATES option with Stable? I just enabled it
> and was wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of
> performance wise. Any problems? I enabled it for the /usr
> filesystem. Any reason why / is not specifically recommended?

Ted,

I have been using softupdates with -STABLE now for quite some time
with absolutely no problems.

There have been problems reported with the softupdates code if the
filesystem is full, or close to full. Kirk McKusick is working on the
problem, but if you don't run with full filesystems, you will be OK.

--
Jerry Gardner     | "Bill Clinton has all the steely resolve
w6uv@home.com     | of a kamakaze pilot on his 37th mission."