Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:34:09 -0700
From:      TS Waterman <waterman@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        Jeff Lawton <jefl@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Graphics card selection in X windows

The Matrox G100 (and 200) are not yet supported by XFree86.
However, because of user demand, they might be sometime soon.
I might guess 6 months or so, max.
see http://matrox.alloy.net/
Earlier Matrox cards are supported very nicely.

http://www.xfree86.org/FAQ/index.html will list all the hardware they support.

I believe that Xi Graphics http://www.xig.com has a commercially-
available X server which supports these newer cards.

Depending on what you want to do, a $20 S3 card might do you very well
instead.

--ts