Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:14:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Shrivats <shrivatsan_v@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question regarding memory disks

Hi hackers,
I have configured a malloc-backed memory disk, and I mount the device on to=
 the file system. I write some data onto the file system. I see that the fr=
ee memory indicated by=A0kmem_map_free goes down, and this is=A0proportiona=
l=A0to the size of the data written. However, even after removing all the d=
ata,=A0kmem_map_free doesn't seem to go up. Its only after detaching the me=
mory disk does the free memory go up. May I know the reason for this behavi=
or?=A0

Thanks,-shrivatsan=0A=0A=0A