Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:52:03 +0200
From:      Paul Skinner <paulskin@icon.co.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 queries  when I use my freebsd box as a dial-up router

Hi,

I have two questions...I followed the tutorial at :
http://www.za.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/
its on how to use the command " ppp -auto -alias demand "  to create a
dialup router

I have two questions...firstly how do I stop the system from not only
trying to dial when I attempt to access the server itself  and not
needing to dial. I setup a simple ppp filter in ppp.conf to deny it
access to the dialer when I telnet into the server and it won't let me
use telnet until its dialed in....

Another one why is my system always dialing out  even when its the only
computer on and nobody is using it...I have set a filter to deny ICMPs
from triggering the dialer...

Thanks

Paul Skinner

  Owner, Computer 2000cc