Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:21:37 +0100
From:      Hexren <me@hexren.net>
To:        ? ? <fatcat1985@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to install ports from CD-ROM

> Hi.every one.
> When I was installing Freebsd 5.3, I found it downloaded ports from
> the internet although I select CD-ROM as my install media.How to stop
> that? Since I did not use a high-speed internet connect, it cost me a
> lot of time.
> BTW: Could someone tell me how to change the site from which FreeBSD
> ports to download the source cod.
> Because  English is not my native language, maybe there is some
> mistakes in my letter. I have to sorry for my bad english.
> Thank you.

Never midn there are some people here who are not natural speakers :-)
Anyway I do not really know if this will help you ut I would try
running /stand/sysinstall -->options --> Media Type option
I do not exactly know if this is only the location that an installation will
be performed from or if it is what you search.

On the other hand you can simply put port files (for example
"samba-3.0.7.tar.gz" for samba3) into /usr/ports/distfiles.
The ports install proces alway looks there first if the file he needs
is already there and if it is uses it.

Regards
Hexren