Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 22:46:23 +1000 (EST)
From:      Nick Repin <nickr@repins.com.au>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3D "blender" package from NeoGeo now released.

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Marc van Kempen wrote:

> > If you ever wonder why linux is getting ahead , cold or no response
> > to key strategic technologies such as what "blender" represents is
> > one of the reasons that linux is getting ahead of FreeBSD . We
> > have a FreeBSD friendly vendor let us no lose this relationship.
> >
> > 	Amancio
> >

> Hi,
>
> I'm responsible for advising NeoGeo about the Linux and FreeBSD
> versions. I would like to take this opportunity to react to
> Amancio's remarks.
>
> To date I haven't received one single bug report and only very
> little feedback from the FreeBSD users.
>
> Despite the fact that I prefer FreeBSD over Linux any day, you
> are not making yourselves credible as a commercial market, or
> even a fun market, enthusiasm is a powerful motivator!
>
> Regards,
> Marc van Kempen.

I've had blender 3 days. It core dumps reliably with a segmentation fault
on my 2.2.5 system. I have not yet had time to pursue it further. I hate
to report it without trying out a few things but there is a bug report for
what it's worth.

I am very excited about this package and appreciate the effort it has
taken to bring it to FreeBSD.

Best regards,
Nick Repin