Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 17:26:45 +0200
From:      Nils Vogels <nivo+freebsd-questions@yuckfou.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql/php/apache weirdness

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 02:16:27AM -0500, sektie (s) wrote:
s>
s> The mysql console client (ie: 'mysql' at command line) works just fine.
s> php/mysql/apache have all been compiled from ports. I have tried everything I
s> could possibly think of, including recompiling php. No dice. I've not really heard
s> much about anyone else having this problem. I could go back to using 3.23.54
s> and it would all work ok, but I'd really rather figure out what the problem is. The
s> webpage that is having the issues (so you can see the problem firsthand) is
s> http://perlpimp.codersluts.net/pics.php. Ugh. I hope someone here has an idea of
s> what is going on, because I'm lost.

I had the same problem with a somehow fscked-up compile of 3.23.54 .. whenever
I used a tcp/ip socket, my mysqld  would freak out on me and die. Whenever I
used a local socket (which is faster anyway :D) it would survive and work just
fine.

I rebuilt the binary into a static binary, to see if that made any difference
(make -DBUILD_STATIC=yes or something) and it solved the problem for me ..

HTH & HAND