Date:      Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:22:37 -0800
From:      "Ross Penner" <ross_@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hi, I searched the archive to no avail on my problem altough I'm sure it's
quite simple.

I have an aureal vortex 2 sound card which I would be quite happy to use,
BUT, I'm having a hang up when installing the port 'sound/aureal-kmod'. I
get the error message:

===>  aureal-kmod-1.5_5 You need to extract kernel source tree before
building this package.

sounds woefully simple but I'm at a loss. My freebsd install is about a
month old and I've yet to have audio sucess. I'm running 5.3

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.