Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 13:10:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        paul@isl.cf.ac.uk (Paul Richards)
Cc:        jfieber@cs.smith.edu, jfieber@freefall.cdrom.com, CVS-commiters@freefall.cdrom.com, cvs-share@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/FAQ/SGML adminman.sgml infosources.sgml

> >   1) Sgmls and sgmlsasp: an sgml parser.  This is an easy
> >      out-of-the-box compile.
> >
> >   2) The linuxdoc DTD, asp replacemet files and the sgmlformat
> >      perl script.  There is a fair amount of cruft to be removed
> >      from this before anybody would let it near.  One binary
> >      is involved but I plan to absorb its functionality in
> >      the perl script.
>
> Please spend time doing this.
>
> The extra cruft you've added to the cvs tree WILL NEVER GO AWAY!

Cool down Paul.

Just now I think many of us are in favour of any kind of doc, no matter
what bloat it adds to the tree, as compared to having no doc at all.

> >From now until the end of FreeBSD's existence I'm going to have X Mb of
> disk space taken up by html files that we shouldn't have in the tree because
> even when you implement the proper mechanism those html files will hang
> around in the attic.

We will probably have to do regular cleans of the CVSROOT anyway, so don't
get your blood pressure too high yet...

> Rod, can we just nuke the html area from the repository completely and
> pretend this never happened since as yet we've not release anything that
> depends on this.
Don't.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'